The holidays are just around the corner, and what better way to have fun with the family than to play games! My family loves playing games on Christmas Eve night. It’s a great way to get everyone off their phones and actually have decent conversation. This year, I want to try out new games, so I did a little research and wanted to share some game ideas that you can do with your family as well!
- I’m sure we all love presents, so a great game for the family to do is the gift stacking game. The object of the game is to race back and forth to collect presents. Whoever can collect the most presents without dropping them wins the game. I would do this activity outside.
- Gingerbread house decorating is a new tradition my family started about two years ago. Why not add some competition to it? This would be great for the children in the family. Each person grabs a gingerbread house, and the first person to complete theirs with decorations wins. Don’t eat it all at once.
- Every year my mom gives out stockings to the family. A great game to add to this tradition is by guessing what’s inside each person’s stocking. The person who gets the most correct gets to open up all their gifts first!
- Who doesn’t enjoy a game of charades? Well, you can make it a holiday edition by making it all about holiday phrases and/or movies.
- Last but not least, a great game to play if you have a lot of kids in your family is going on a scavenger hunt, but make all the items holiday related. Some things you can hide are candy canes, cookies, and ornaments. Endless possibilities!
Enjoy your family during the holidays, and happy New Year!